New strobe & flash lights from Rime Lite
cThree Photography recently introduced two new additions to its line of studio photography strobes (or more commonly known as flash lights). Of course, one of them is for outdoor photography uses, the Power Action 6 (600 w/s, battery) and the continuous lighting strobe (HMI-L, stands for Halogen Metal Iodide Light) which at 150w max output produces approximately 750w of day light brightness & colour.
For outdoor photographers: Power Action 6
Things you need to know:
- Takes only 3 hours to fully recharge battery with normal power socket. If you can’t find a power socket, you can purchase additional battery cells at only RM 150/piece. Only one is needed for each battery pack.
- At 600 w/s and one boom head, you can shoot up to 300 shots when battery is fully charged. If you use two (2) boom heads, cut the frequency by half.
- Xenon flash tube gives you day light color – Approx 5200K – 5500K. Modeling lamp is available, adjustable at 0.1 f-stops.
- Strobe casing is extremely durable, and contains advance cooling technology. You can almost never feel the heat out of the strobe, except for its head where the lamp is.
- Battery weight is only 6kgs, and the stand + 1 boom head we’re giving is approximately 3kgs only.
- Comes with battery pack bag – Given by cThree for free!
- Light boom head and highly flexible for your use.
- Flash tube can be used up to 100,000 times at full power (600 w/s). Use 300 w/s and it’s usable up to 200,000 exposures.
Specifications for photographers:
- 600 w/s with one boom head, 300 w/s/head for two boom heads.
- Fastest recycling time at 0.1 sec, max 3.5 secs.
- Max exposure at 45.3, with 4.5 f/stops adjustable 0.1 f-stops
- Color temperature: 5500K, flash duration 1/1700
- Halogen lamp 50w
- Advanced cooling systems & overheating protection
- Mount: RiME LITE
Video/Photography use: Continuous Lighting, HMI-L
Things photographers need to know:
- The strobe itself doesn’t produce light like how fluorescent lamps do. It calibrates colours with some …. (tech stuff you don’t really want to know)…. to produce more than 16 million colours.
- Our point is, this strobe gives you bright day light color temperature. Pure, freaky, ghostly white.
- You can fix this light to loads of reflectors or light modifiers. Even large softboxes to give you that glowing effect.
- Or you can use this strobe to brighten up your studio as a slave. (No, we’re not kidding)
- Its output power (150w) comes from the power socket, and the strobe produces the intensity of light just 0.5 f/stop below 1kW. In layman terms, 750W.
- Great for videography use – It makes your object shine like angels from heaven.
- 150w/s (produces 750 watts of light)
- Color temperature: 4200K
- CDM-T (Metal Halide) lamp up to 32,000 hours lifespan
- Advanced cooling system
- Weight – 2.3 kgs